Here are some fun ideas to explore Savannah, Georgia. For a more detailed itinerary take our trip planning assessment. We'll use your preferences to create a fun and memorable experience for you and your pup.
Savannah is brimming with historic charm and awe-inspiring natural beauty. Home to the prestigious Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), town squares filled with sculptures, walking tours and delicious food served by up and coming chefs: a visit to Savannah is a feast for both human and doggy senses. We know you will love your visit to Savannah!
Where to stay
Kimpton Brice Hotel
We love Kimpton hotels, and the Brice is no exception. 1 block from river street, where many restaurants will gladly welcome your pooch, this hotel does not charge a fee for upto 2 pets. And they have a Director of Pet Relations to assist you with anything you may need.
A very close second to the Kimpton Brice is the the Andaz in Savannah. This modern hotel overlooks historic Ellis Square (which has its own doggie water fountain) and is walking distance to both River Street and Forsyth Park. Upto two dogs are welcome at a time, though the hotel must be notified at least three days in advance.
Where to eat
- Start your day on the patio at The Coffee Fox
- For drinks check out the Moon River Brewing Company and Southbound Brewing Company
- WoofGang Bakery has multiple locations including one on Boughton Street. They offer a variety of dog friendly treats and some locations have a spa!
- Savannah Bee Company allows your pup to join you for honey tastings and they have a stock of paw friendly balms and biscuits
Where to Go
- Our top pick is Oliver Bentley's Historic Dog Walk Tour. A 90-min walking tour of historic sites in downtown Savannah which is designed specifically for dogs and their owners
- If it's your first time in Savannah we highly recommend Bonaventure Cemetery which is open daily 8 am to 5pm and allows dogs on leash
- Walk along River Street adjacent to the Savannah River to see the downtown area
- Tybee Island i.e Savannah's beach is a great option. Though Dogs are NOT allowed on the beach, this island is dog-friendly and has a dog park too. Plus Captain Mike's Dolphin Tours Co. allows dogs with proof of rabies vaccination. Just know that you and your pup may be greeted by a collection of rescue cats when you get there
- Wormsloe State Historic Site a 20 minute drive from downtown is considered the most beautiful spot in Georgia and a great place to hike with a pup (he won't be allowed inside buildings though)
TIPS and IDEAS
- Savannah is full of beautiful historical sites. Before you leave, check out our blog on how to photograph your pet, so you can make some beautiful memories together
- We love visiting Savannah in the spring when the temperatures are cool and flowers are in bloom everywhere
- Savannah has an open cup drinking policy, so grab your pup, a bottle of vino and have a picnic in one of Savannah's 22 historic squares
How to get around
Savannah is a walkable city and probably best enjoyed on foot. However, many Uber drivers and local cab companies are willing to take you and your pup to your next destination. Don't forget to pack a blanket and tip well!
Thinking about visiting Savannah with your dog? Here are some fun ideas to explore Savannah, Georgia. We hope both you and your pet will have a safe and memorable adventure!
Please provide your name and email to download a sample trip plan